Virtually Pain Free!
Safe and Effective Treatments
Proven State of the Art Quanta Laser Technology
Safe for All Skin Types
Advanced Laser Hair Removal
True Laser Removal vs IPL: What you should know.
ReGen Laser uses a true diode laser which is clinically shown in clinical studies to be the most effective laser for hair removal. IPL (Intensed Pulsed Light) is often referred to as "laser hair removal," but it is not. IPL uses broad spectrum light which has a couple disadvantages. First, IPL is about half as effective as laser technology, and it has a greater chance of damaging the surrounding tissue. Our diode laser works on a single wavelength designed to hit only the hair follicle. Another advantage to laser diode laser technology is that it is safe on medium to dark skin tones as well as light skin tones unlike IPL. IPL is a cheaper technology and you tend to spend less per session, but you will need more sessions to get a decent result. Every patient is a bit different, but when we say, on average, we can make you hairless in six sessions, we mean it. Be careful when choosing technology for your hair removal. Choose true laser hair removal with ReGen Laser.
What should I know about laser hair removal?
- It can take 4-8 treatments to achieve desired hair reduction
- You may experience some discomfort during the treatment
- You may still need touch ups 1-4 times a year after your initial treatments
- The laser is not effective for blonde or white hair
- You need to commit to the first several treatments in succession for the laser to be effective
What side effects should I expect from laser hair removal?
- You may experience discomfort a burning sensation the may last for an hour or two after the treatment
- There is a small possibility of crusting or blistering. This will go away and does not cause scarring.
- Scarring is extremely rare, but please follow all post-treatment instructions to avoid any issues.
- You may experience temporary swelling especially on the face.
- Treat the skin gently for several days after your session.
- Pigment changes can occur, but usually go away in 1-6 months. If a darker spot occurs (hyper pigmentation) be careful to avoid sun exposure.
- Bruising is rare, but can occur and will go away in 4-10 days
How should I prepare for my treatment?
- Do not tan. Tanning or self tanners effects the laser settings and can reduce effectiveness. Also, tanning can cause blistering.
- Please shave you hair the day before your appointment.
- Do not pluck, bleach, use depilatories, or electrolysis at least 2 weeks before treatment.
- Remove all makeup and lotion prior to treatment
- For bikini line hair removal where light colored panties. Dark colors absorb the laser energy.